Denmark is a Contracting State to the ICSID Convention:
- Signature: 11 October 1965
- Deposit of Ratification: 24 April 1968
- Entry into Force: 24 May 1968
- On 1 January 1969, Denmark extended the application of the ICSID Convention to the Faroe Islands.
- Pursuant to Article 54(2) of the ICSID Convention, Denmark has designated “Bailiff (lower court) of district concerned” as competent for the recognition and enforcement of ICSID awards.
- Pursuant to Article 69 of the ICSID Convention, Denmark enacted Act No. 466 of December 15, 1967, on Recognition and Execution of Orders Concerning Certain International Investment Disputes to make the Convention effective in their jurisdiction.
- Pursuant to Article 13(1) of the ICSID Convention Denmark has made the following panel designations effective until 27 January 2006:
- Mr. Jørgen GRØNBORG: Attorney-at-Law
- Mr. Peer LORENZEN: President, High Court for Western Denmark
- Mr. Per MAGID: Attorney-at-Law
- Mr. Sven ZIEGLER: President, High Court for Eastern Denmark
Denmark is a Contracting State to the New York Convention:
- Date of Accession: 22 December 1972
- Entry into Force: 22 March 1973
- Denmark will only apply the New York Convention to the recognition and enforcement of awards made in the territory of another contracting state & only to differences arising out of legal relationships, whether contractual or not, that are considered commercial under their national law
- On 10 February 1976, Denmark declared that the Convention shall apply to the Faeroe Islands and Greenland.
In 2005, Denmark enacted legislation based on the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration as adopted in 1985 and is therefore now popularly considered to be an UNCITRAL Model Law State
Denmark is a Contracting State to both the 1899 & 1907 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes:
- 1899 Entry into Force: 4 September 1900
- 1907 Entry into Force: 26 January 1910
Denmark is a United Nations Member State:
- Date of Admission: 24 October 1945
Official State Name: Denmark - Danmark
Official Language: Danish
Motto: "Guds hjælp, Folkets kærlighed, Danmarks styrke" "God's Help, the People's Love, Denmark's Strength"
Currency: Danish krone (
Time Zone: CET (UTC+1)
International Calling Code: +45
Internet TLD: .dk