Singapore is a Contracting State to the ICSID Convention:
- Signature: 2 February 1968
- Deposit of Ratification: 14 October 1968
- Entry into Force: 13 November 1968
- Pursuant to Article 54(2) of the ICSID Convention, Singapore has designated “High Court” as competent for the recognition and enforcement of ICSID awards.
- Pursuant to Article 69 of the ICSID Convention, Singapore enacted Arbitration (International Investment Disputes) Act (Singapore Statutes, 1970 Rev. Ed., Act No. 18, Ch. 17, Sept. 10, 1968, p. 257) to make the Convention effective in their jurisdiction.
- Pursuant to Article 13(1) of the ICSID Convention Singapore has made the following panel designations effective until 12 February 2012:
- Judge Joon Seng GOH: Member, United Nations Administrative Tribunal; Member, Permanent Court of Arbitration
- Mr. Joseph GRIMBERG: Member, Permanent Court of Arbitration; Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Mr. Michael HWANG, SC: Senior Counsel and Past Judicial Commissioner, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Judge Lip Ping THEAN: Chairman, Securities Industry Council of Singapore; Chairman, Public Accountants Oversight Committee
Singapore is a Contracting State to the New York Convention:
- Date of Accession: 21 August 1986
- Entry into Force: 19 November 1986
- Singapore will only apply the New York Convention to the recognition and enforcement of awards made in the territory of another contracting state
In 2010, Singapore enacted legislation based on the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration as adopted in 1985 and is therefore now popularly considered to be an UNCITRAL Model Law State
Singapore is a not Contracting State to the 1899 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes:
Singapore is a Contracting State to the 1907 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes:
- Entry into Force: 11 September 1993
Singapore is a United Nations Member State:
- Date of Admission: 21 September 1965
- Singapore became an independent State on 9 August 1965 and a Member of the United Nations on 21 September 1965.
Official State Name: Republic of Singapore - 新加坡共和国 - Republik Singapura - சிங்கப்பூர் குடியரசு
Official Languages: English, Malay, Chinese, Tamil
Motto: "Majulah Singapura" (Malay) "Onward, Singapore"
Time Zone: SST (UTC+8)
Currency: Singapore dollar (
International Calling Code: +65
Internet TLD: .sg