Papua New Guinea Arbitration
Papua New Guinea is a Contracting State to the ICSID Convention:
- Signature: 20 October 1970
- Deposit of Ratification: 20 October 1978
- Entry into Force: 19 November 1978
- On 14 September 1978, Papua New Guinea notified ICSID that it will only submit to ICSID jurisdiction with respect to "disputes ...which are fundamental to the investment itself."
- Pursuant to Article 54(2) of the ICSID Convention, Papua New Guinea has designated “National Court” as competent for the recognition and enforcement of ICSID awards.
- Pursuant to Article 69 of the ICSID Convention, Papua New Guinea enacted the Investment Disputes Convention Act, 1978 (Act No. 48 of 1978) to make the Convention effective in their jurisdiction.
Papua New Guinea is not a Contracting State to the New York Convention:
- Date of Accession: N/A
- Entry into Force: N/A
Papua New Guinea is not a Contracting State to the 1899 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes:
Papua New Guinea is not a Contracting State to the 1907 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes:
Papua New Guinea is a United Nations Member State:
- Date of Admission: 10 October 1975
Official State Name: Independent State of Papua New Guinea - Independen Stet bilong Papua Niugini
Official Languages: English, Tok Pisin, Hiri Motu
Capital: Port Moresby
Motto: "Unity in diversity"
Currency: Papua New Guinean kina (
Time Zone: AEST (UTC+10)
International Calling Code: +675
Internet TLD: .pg