Jordan is a Contracting State to the ICSID Convention:
- Signature: 14 June 1972
- Deposit of Ratification: 30 October 1972
- Entry into Force: 29 November 1972
- Pursuant to Article 54(2) of the ICSID Convention, Jordan has designated “Court of First Instance” as competent for the recognition and enforcement of ICSID awards.
- Pursuant to Article 69 of the ICSID Convention, Jordan enacted the Royal Decree granted to Decision No. 1196 of Council of Ministers of May 17, 1972, ratifying the Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes Between States and Nationals of Other States to make the Convention effective in their jurisdiction.
- Pursuant to Article 13(1) of the ICSID Convention Jordan has made the following panel designations effective until 3 March 2016:
- Mr. Salaheddin AL-BASHIR: Attorney
- Prof. Hamzeh A. HADAD: Professor of Law and Attorney
- Mr. Nabil Yacoub RABAH: Attorney
- Mr. Ahmad Nouri ZIADAT: Attorney
- Judge Awan Shawkat AL-KHASAWNEH: Judge, International Court of Justice, Former Vice President of the Court
- Mr. Mohammad E. BUNDUKJI: Attorney
- Mr. Taher Mustafa HIKMET: Attorney, Former Chief of the Judicial Council
- Mr. Omar N. NABULSI: Attorney
Jordan is a Contracting State to the New York Convention:
- Signature: 10 June 1958
- Deposit of Ratification: 15 November 1979
- Entry into Force: 13 February 1980
In 2001, Jordan enacted legislation based on the UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration as adopted in 1985 and is therefore now popularly considered to be an UNCITRAL Model Law State
Jordan is a not Contracting State to the 1899 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes:
Jordan is a Contracting State to the 1907 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes:
- Entry into Force: 27 January 1992
Jordan is a United Nations Member State:
- Date of Admission: 14 December 1955
Official State Name: Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan - المملكة الأردنية الهاشمية - Al-Mamlakah al-ʾUrduniyyah al-Hāšimiyyah
Official Language: Arabic
Recognised Regional Languages: English, French, Circassian, Jordanian Levantine, Chechen, Turkish
Motto: Arabic: الله، الوطن، المليك Transliteration: Allah Al-Watan Al-Malek Translation: "God, Fatherland, The King"
Currency: Jordanian dinar (
Time Zone: UTC+2 (UTC+2)
International Calling Code: +962
Internet TLD: .jo, الاردن.